Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review - Skinfood Lettuce & Cucumber Water Jelly Cream

Hello, folks! :D

So how is your holiday?
Today I'm gonna review my current favorite cream. Even it's my current favorite, I won't be repurchase this for a while because I want to try different products! :3

*drumroll*
 Taa-daa The Skinfood Lettuce & Cucumber Water Jelly Cream!
Love love the packaging! It's made of glass though. The glass itself is a gradation from transparent to green with shimmers. In the picture it looks the cream's still full right? but actually NO! When I took the pic it almost run out. lol. You see that water-drop like on the lid? It's no water. But it makes the lid more interesting for me xD
Unfortunately, it comes just like this. Really. Like this. No box. However the explanation is on the bottom of the jar (which I forgot to take picture duh!). But still. I'd like to have additional box since it's not plastic.





















The cream's texture and when spread.
 The cream here on the picture is white, but on the jar I believe it looks kinda greenish (or maybe it's just the effect of the glass color I mentioned before) 

If you think it's gonna be a thick cream like any other cream then you're gonna be disappointed. This cream is runny. Sometimes. I mean, it's hard to only take a little amount. Most likely you'll end up picking water-like substance. Me myself I'll use a lot because if I only use a little I don't feel moisturized enough. But even when I apply a lot, it'll be absorbed quickly and not leaving any stickiness! And it even cut the stickiness my-previously-applied-moisturizer by half! How amazing is that. You see when the cream's spread, it turns to be water-like but just a little thicker. 

Anyway, I find out that this run out REAL QUICK on me. Maybe because I use it too much? This last about 2 months, more or less, on me, who use real lots.


The scent itself,,,,,, I dunno what to comment. But don't get me wrong! It smells really good. And for me it's actually kinda smells like melon jelly. Well, nothing like lettuce or cucumber I guess.However the scent may stay kinda long so you guys who prefer scentless may annoyed. lol.

Now the result! From Skinfood themselves they only said that this is meant to cool down and hydrates. But I once asked the Skinfood's shopkeeper in Jakarta and he (yes he. A male) said it's good to reduce redness too! The redness I meant here is not because of acne, just sometimes in the morning during morning skincare routine, my face got kinda red -like of sensitive (But I don't have a sensitive skin really!). And this cream helps! That's why I really like this.

Another thing, just a tips, it feels GGUUUREAAAATT if you put this to freezer couple of minutes (I once left it there for 1 hour lol because I forgot). Feels like you're applying ice water on your face <33333 

So into the conclusion!
Packaging. 4 stars. The jar itself I love it but I prefer to have extra outer box.
Texture. 5 stars! Not sticky and cuts all other greasiness!
Scent. 5 stars. I don't mind melon jelly and the fact I like it.
Result. 5 STARS. No doubt that it do all that it's claimed for. Cools, hydrates, reduces redness. Thumbs up.

So what do you think?

See you guys in the next post! :D

With Love,
Carol

1 comment: