Friday, January 24, 2014

Review - Majolica Majorca Rouge Majex in RD412 Pure Play Edition

Hello, folks! :D

I'm back again with a MJ product~ The Rouge Majex!
I asked my sis in Singapore to get me this and The Humming Book IV back then because I was afraid that I won't get a chance to buy this in HK because it's limited edition.

I'd never thought that this would be THAT small. I thought it would be some like TBS Love Gloss size.
When you roll it over you can see the red apple as the 'mark' of the Pure Play Edition which added more mysteriousness to the already-gorgeous-and-elegant design.
The name of the shade is Pure Apple.

Below is just unnecessary picture showing how clean the opening of the tube is on first opening and I just like that clean part (weird me)


Here's how the applicator looks like. Just usual with rather more pointy end which really helps for gradient lips and precise application.


The scent is sweet, like strawberry candy (perhaps candy alone) and very strong when you first open and apply it but then it'll quickly disappear. Maybe it still smellable for people with sensitive nose though. :p

And do not worry about dry lips or whatever. It stays glossy and very moisturizing. It does wears off when you drink and eat like other lip gloss would but it's gonna leave some like stain which show quite color but of course not as red as what it supposed to be. But I guess it doesn't stay really long. Just normal. Well I don't expect much though. Leaving the color behind is already beyond my expectation. lol.


The result with gradient lips and full lips
It looks very beautiful by gradient lips but I don't really like to use it for full lips since if you use it full lips the color ends up darker (than the photo) and makes me look real old and kinda sl*t-like ._. Maybe I need to use concealer first.

So the conclusion!
Design and Packaging. 5 stars. As always MJ never fails to amaze me.
Applicator. 5 stars. Small and pointy. Just what I need as someone with almost invisible lip line.
Scent. 4 stars. Sweet. But kinda strong.
Staying power. 5 stars for exceeded my expectation as it leaves stain.
Result. 5 stars for gradient lips. 2 stars for full lips as it ends up too dark on my lips.

Well obviously I can't repurchase this since it's a limited edition! I should search on something almost identical to this when this runs out, I guess. : /

So what do you think?

See you guys in the next post! :D


With Love,
Carol

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Iyaa tp kalo di full lips lebih gelap sih aslinya. Tp kalo dibikin gradient bagus bgt xD

      Delete