Friday, September 6, 2013

Review - Canmake Shimmer Jelly Eyes in #4 Frozen Mint

Hello, folks! :D
Meet me again in my 2nd post by the day.

I have a lot of free time this week since my assignments are done and the house 3rd and 4th floor is being renovated so I stuck in my room, from morning till now. Don't worry I still eat and bath and all. Tee-hee.

Into the topic.
I'd wanted this eyeshadow from a looonnggg time back then. Because I really want a PINK gel/cream eyeshadow and the color is perfect.
When I'm in Japan I searched all around and I found it. In Yamato-Saidaiji Station, when we're on our way from Osaka to Ise. My sis said if it's available here, it MUST be available too in Tokyo. Make sense. So I didn't buy it.
Guess what? I WAS TOTALLY WRONG. The product is not sold in any Canmake stand I saw. I searched and searched and I found out that it's already DISCONTINUED.
Damn it Canmake, why don't you update your website and left me hanging here!
So fine, I left Japan and went back to Singapore. With hope that I will find one. In the end, I found it! But it's the 2nd shade that I wanted. But who cares, I grab it and pay.
Until now I still carving for pink gel/cream eyeshadow fyi. *sigh* Once I get it I'll switch to brown-colored contact lenses. Really.

About Canmake itself, the actual name is Canmake Tokyo. Which aimed for school girls (i read it somewhere) since its low-priced products.

So here's the thing! It's quite small or quite big? Very simple packaging, very unique for an eyeshadow.























This is the applicator or you can say the tip?


Look how unique it is for a jelly eyeshadow?! I'm lovin' it. It's looks exactly like lipgloss's tip, don't you think?




It's also very soft so it won't hurt your eyelid when you apply it.














The swatches. Unorderly applied and blended.
Seriously it's very pigmented. just my camera can't catch it by the lightning ;_;


And also, it claims to be waterproof. Yes. waterproof. Let's see, shall we?


Surprisingly, it doesn't worn off. But as you wipe it, even with wet hand, it comes off. Oh well, whaddya expect from jelly eyeshadow?? xD
I was wrong. I once used this for some hang out, no sweating, and I didn't remove them when I took bath and wash my face, and the shimmers stayed, even that the color came completely off.. Not that I didn't clean them properly! But the shimmers in the eyeshadow can't worn off easily. So I need make-up remover for it.. .__.


Conclusion:
Packaging. 2.5 stars. Very ordinary and average, despite it's an eyeshadow.
Color. 4 stars. Very pigmented but not the color I want unfortunately. If you apply it too thin it looks like you've just been hit.
Applicator. 5 stars. Veeerrrrryyy soft. Love it.
Staying power. 3 stars. It's waterproof but 0 on smudgeproof. But the shimmer stays hardly without proper removal
Price. 2.5 stars. Since it's in Singapore it's expensive. If I buy it from Japan I'll rate 5 stars. Seriously!

So what do you think??

I've stocked up some more pics for future post but still not complete...
Hopefully it can be finished this week or else it'll be next week's post. (>v>)
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow me! :D
See you all soon!

With love,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment