Friday, October 4, 2013

Review - The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment

Hello, folks! :D

Back with me with my first The Body Shop item review~

 Yes it's the Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment in travel size! ^w^
As you know, The Body Shop always claims that they don't do animal testing and always use recyclable packaging.
This little claims to controls oil as it moisturize.

I bought this because I don't have a night cream and I think this just suit me because it's for those who have combination skin. My skin is super combination (LOL). Very oily on the nose and forehead and super dry on the cheeks. Really.

I saw that it was sold for 50k while the original size, with 30 ml, sold for 169k. It's RIDICULOUS! Why would the half size sold much much cheaper? So I just immediately grab it and go. (I pay of course xD)

The bottle comes with transparent tube and a pump, that doesn't work like usual pump. Inside the bottle there's an additional bottom layer which will go up to push the liquid upward as you pump it. I think its very good so you won't have residues of the product along in the bottle when it's out.
Here's the pic of the pump.
Somehow I think it's kinda cute. Dunno why. Maybe it's because of the transparency. >_<

The liquid inside is kinda like gel. But as you blend it out it of course disappear like water. It's not sticky and absorbed easily. In the bottle the gel looks kinda yellowish. But if you pump it out it looks completely transparent o_o. I can't snap the yellowish color at all....





About the scent, it smells like the sea. Kind of salty. But it will gradually become quite a little sweet scent after sometime when you use it. But still smells like sea. I don't mind. I love sea. Don't you guys love sea? ;)

The result.. I don't think it's that very good. If I use it alone after toner, my T-zone feels good. Matte. But other than the T-zone, feels really dry. If I use it after light moisturizer, I'll wake up with oily nose.... But it happens a lot even without this so I think the problem is my nose afterall. Large pores and so.


Okay. Into the conclusion.
Packaging. 5 stars. Doesn't took a lot of unnecessary space, looks kind of sleek and the unusual work of the pump is great for me.
Design. 3 stars. The bottle's to plain. They can add some motives or pattern stickers to the transparent bottle..
Texture. 5 stars. Not too thick, not too watery. Perfect.
Scent. 5 stars. I love it. But maybe for those who prefer scentless product, is too strong.
Result. 3 stars. It doesn't really do what it claims... But I think it's my own nose pore problem though...

It's my 2nd travel size bottle already. And I don't think I'll buy this again for now since I have pre-ordered Skinfood's Lettuce and Cucumber Cream as a substitute of this because the 2nd bottle is almost out and they don't sell the travel size anymore ;_; I can't find it anywhere on the store.

So what do you think?

Thank you for reading this post! Next review won't take long. Tee-hee~

With Love,
Carol


2 comments:

  1. lovely review, this body shop products seems worth a try! thank you for sharing!♡

    xoxo,
    www.whimsicalityindisguise.com
    (Join my blog International Giveaway ♡! 21 items- lots of Japanese makeup and beauty products including cosmetics from Diamond Beauty, Candydoll, Dollywink, etc!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you'll enjoy the product and thanks for reading! :D

      Delete